I hope everyone is having a great week! Now that spring is here and the days are longer, the weeks are just so much more enjoyable. As I mentioned in my last blog post, Lori from Creating Beauty in the Kitchen generously nominated me for a Liebster Award after I’d only been blogging for a few weeks. Lori makes delicious looking low-glycemic food including this recently posted cinnamon ganache berry tart that I can’t wait to make!
In following with the Liebster Award participation guidelines, here are my answers to the questions that Lori posed:
1. Coffee of Tea? I actually avoid caffeine because I have a mild case of Crohn’s Disease (which is also why I eat mostly gluten-free), but I love decaf tea. Some of my favorites include vanilla, mint, and chai.
2. What are your favorite colors to decorate with? Gold, yellow, and cream
3. Do you have a favorite t.v. show? What is it? Right now I am making my way through all of the past seasons of Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix. I’m currently on season four and loving it!
4. What is it about your best friend that makes him/her your best friend? Since it’s hard to choose just one human best friend, I’m going to tell you about my canine best friend — Max. If you look closely in the second to last photo from my buckwheat banana pancakes post, you can see his big, blond, furry head in the background behind the stack of pancakes. Here’s a clearer picture of him eyeing the pancakes on my Instagram. Max is a golden-doodle, and he’s been a part of my family for about seven years. He gets the paper in the morning, keeps me company on walks/runs, and loves when there’s commotion in the kitchen.
5. If you could learn how to do one thing, what would it be and why? This is a tough one. There’s a lot I want to learn, but in particular, I’d like to learn how to make and decorate a wedding cake and how to speak Spanish well again.
6. What is your favorite season of the year, and why? Definitely summer! After the longest winter in New York in recent memory, I can’t wait until the warm weather.
7. Use three words to describe yourself. Introverted, observant, honest
8. Cats or Dogs? Definitely dogs! (See question 4)
9. Who has influenced you the most, and why? My parents. I am lucky to have such a great support system from two very different yet equally amazing people.
10. What is your favorite thing to do when you want to relax? Cook/bake, read a novel, watch the Food Network or Grey’s Anatomy, go for a walk or run outside
Hopefully these questions give you a better idea about me since I don’t yet have an “About Me” page. Now in keeping with the Liebster tradition of passing on the award, here are the blogs that I’d like to nominate:
Tabitha’s Gluten Free Dishes: Tabitha has a wealth of knowledge about the health benefits of eating gluten free. I love her fresh, colorful, and healthful recipes. I can’t wait to try out this sweet potato salad and this butternut squash and halloumi salad.
I’d love for these gluten-free ladies to answer these questions as the final part of passing on the Liebster Award:
1. What is a signature dish that you make that you are known for among your friends and family?
2. Who are some of your favorite professional bloggers that you look to for inspiration in the kitchen?
3. What is your favorite U.S. city and why?
4. What is the best book you’ve read recently?
5. Which country would you travel to if you won an all-expenses paid vacation to a destination of your choice?
6. What is one meal/dish that you have yet to make that you would like to challenge yourself by making?
7. Sweet or savory breakfasts?
8. What’s your favorite way to stay active?
9. Favorite cheese?
10. What do you hope to accomplish by writing a food blog?
Thank you, again, to Lori for her nomination! I hope you enjoy reading this post as much as I liked writing it!